A conversations with Siong, co-founder Jupiter Swap.
❤️🔥 Click here to mint this episode as an NFT on Solana 💪
The conversation covers the background and journey of the Jupiter swap aggregator, a popular defi protocol in the Solana ecosystem. It starts with the early days of Solana with the launch of Mercurial finance and eventually Jupiter. Our discussion also highlights the scaling and optimization of Jupiter's infrastructure, its user base, and revenue model. Finally, we explores the timing of Jupiter's token airdrop and the market excitement surrounding it.
In this conversation, Siong, co-founder of Jupiter, discusses the growth and revenue of the business, the token launch and community involvement, the goal of the JUP token, engaging the community with tokens, scaling challenges and user growth, and the power of governance tokens.
- Jupiter started as a project to bring volume back to Mercurial but evolved into a dominant protocol in the Solana ecosystem.
- The team focused on scaling and optimizing Jupiter's infrastructure to improve user experience and reduce costs.
- Jupiter's revenue model includes fees from limit orders, DCA, and perpetuals, as well as a portion of fees charged by partners who integrate with Jupiter.
- The announcement of Jupiter's token airdrop generated significant market excitement and increased user traffic and volume on the platform. Jupiter has experienced significant growth in revenue.
- The JUP token launch involves community input and decision-making, allowing users to contribute their opinions and ideas.
- The goal of the Jupiter token is to distribute fees and create a sense of community among users.
- Siong feels tokens are a powerful tool for incentivizing behavior and allowing the community to govern the protocol.
- Future plans for Jupiter include exploring stable coins and launching Jupiter Start to support other projects in the Solana ecosystem.